03.12. – 10.12.2022
Daily schedule in Artistic Center CASA – Abéne, living with the performance group Foret Sacrée
- 9h Breakfast: Cleaning herbs infusion, fruits, bread, butter, homemade jam, coffee and tea
- 10h – 12h Traditional dances from Casamance, Djola and Mandinka, with live music
1. Ekonkon (Djola Etnie) 2. Dimbaya (Woman healing) 3. Dundunba (Mandinka Etnie)
- FREE TIME (beach 5 minutes walk)
- 14h Lunch (vegetarian variety of dishes from the center
- 15h – 16h Traditional songs from Casamance
- 16h Cultural Excursion
– Sacred Tree (Bantan Wooro)
– Traditional Market and Tailor
– Arrival of fishermen’s during the sunset on the beach
– Kafountine village
– permaculture project Art Oasis
- 20h Dinner (complet salad, eggs, beans, fruits and other dishes) and local herbs infusion
ABOUT THE ARTISTIC CENTER CASA:
Welcome to the Artistic and Cultural Center CASA in Abéne.
The Center is located in the northern coast area of the village of Abéne, in Upper Casamance, South Senegal, very close to the Gambian border. It’s a fisherman village where we will be based and live together with Foret Sacrée company. The artists of the company will be with us at the center, they are part of the staff to make the trip possible. CASA is located 5 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from town, in the Bolong neighbourhood.
The rooms are double or triple, with bathroom and indoor shower. The dining area/bar in the center offers drinks and meals. Tap and well water is not drinkable, we recommend buying a 10-litre jug per person and refilling a 1.5-litre bottle.
Tap water is scarce, there is not much pressure in the tap so you may have to go to the well in front of the house in the morning to fill the water buckets for the shower, toilet and washbasin (if you can’t/wan’t to, you can always tip one of the staff to do this).
There are electricity facilities, although depending on the time of year there are many power cuts, so at least electricity will be provided by a generator every night from 19h in order to be able to charge the mobile phones and have light at dusk.